The Lead Client Strategist is responsible for directing client business initiatives and managing overall client programs. The Lead Client Strategist is knowledgeable in the clients’ objectives and strategy, and works with the integrated team to develop and implement the strategy and plan.
The Lead Client Strategist reports to the Vice President Strategy & Account Planning.
Experience level: 6-9 years of experience within agency or marketing department.
The Lead Client Strategist is responsible for ensuring client/project success:
- Overall success of agency projects and relationships with specified client.
- Drives marketing and creative strategies and makes recommendations based on relevant customer insight.
- Works with Senior Management to provide strategic and marketing leadership for the client by uncovering client business needs and objectives, crafting appropriate strategies, and identifying/implementing initiatives to help achieve client goals.
- Demonstrates and cultivates a solid understanding of client’s business, business drivers, customer segments and competitive set.
- Develops strategic documentation, including, but not limited to creative briefs, research reports, strategic documentation and recommendations.
- Creates and interprets effective analysis, including primary and secondary market research, to support marketing recommendations.
- Ensures account stability by assessing client satisfaction with the agency, reviewing findings with Senior Management.
- Identifies opportunities within the client to aid in their business transformation.
- Participates in key internal meetings with Creative Directors, Art Directors, Copywriters, Production, Technical Directors, Application Directors, Information Architects, Media Developers and Administrative Managers.
- Presents and participates in key client meetings, including but not limited to strategic planning meetings, creative presentations, client sales meetings, etc.
- Along with the Lead Creative, the Lead Client Strategist reviews all client creative concepts to confirm whether they meet strategic goals before they are delivered to the client for approval.
- Works with Senior Management and Project Managers to manage the overall client budget and ensure account profitability.
- Works with integrated team to ensure on-time quality execution of client initiatives.
- Participates in bi-annual client reviews for identified key clients.
- Actively participates in financial reviews and profitability of account/project.
- Consults in annual performance reviews for client-specific account service personnel.
The person who will be successful in the role is someone who:
- Has experience in the digital space.
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Is comfortable working autonomously and collaborating with a larger team.
- Has a hands on approach and is willing to dig in to client/project work, as well as mentor others.
- Actively seeks opportunities to share knowledge, best practices, case studies or other program results across team.
- Proactively keeps senior leadership team apprised of business wins and stress points.
- Adheres to agency process and works seamlessly across capabilities.
- Anticipates interpersonal issues on team and is able to give and receive constructive feedback
No applicants will be considered without salary requirements
Interested? Please contact Sara Quoss Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org